Saturday, March 22, 2008

A real post this time

I'm not sure if the title "The Chronicles of Cam Neck Jaw" will stick or not. Cam Neck Jaw is an anagram of Jack McEwan. The title does sound more exciting than just "Jack's Blog" at least.

The previous "Hello World" post is a computer programmer thing. Traditionally the first program you create for any new language is simply a print of "Hello World!", so it seemed appropriate.

On to the real stuff. Here is a brief synopsis of what's going on:
My wife Jess and I have lived in San Antonio TX for over a year now.
We currently have no kids, 1 betta in a bowl, and a Saltwater Fishtank wich has recently became fishless again :-( but still has a cleaner shrimp and 14 snails :-) !
I work at USAA as a Systems/Software Engineer and Jess is working part-time as a director at an afterschool program for elementary kids.
At church I teach the 12-13 year-old Sundayschool and Jess is working in the nursery (1.5-3 year-olds).
We teach weekly swing dancing classes for the San Antonio Swing Dance Society.
We also enjoy playing board&card games and reading.

Since I don't have time to write my whole history in this thing (and you certainly don't have time to read it), I'll skip to just recent happenings. Last week we took a trip to Houston for Lindyfest. It's the largest yearly swing-dance event for the Southwest region, and people come from all over to attend. There were workshops about 1pm to 6:30pm Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and dances from about 9pm to 5:30am Thursday-Sunday. We only attended Friday and Saturday, and ducked out of the dances before 2am, but that was still over 12 hours of dancing! We had oportunity to learn from some awesome instructors including Frankie Manning (an original swing dancer who turns 94 in a couple months), and several other famous-in-swing-dancing-circles people.

That's all for today folks. So if you were wondering, now you know; and knowing is half the battle ;-)

1 comment:

Gordon said...

I like the anagram. Definitely better than Jack's Blog.
So, how did y'all get so good at swing?